PhD Position (m/f/d) Protein based 2D materials for medical applications
|Beginn der Ausschreibung||19.11.2020|
|Ende der Ausschreibung||17.12.2020|
|Institut bzw. Bereich||Institut für Biomaterialforschung|
|Jetzt bewerben||Zum Bewerberportal|
The Helmholtz Institute for Biomaterial research of the HZG is focused on highly interdisciplinary research connecting the fields of material science, biology and medicine. For a collaborative project between the department of materials in life sciences and the department of polymers in regeneration, we are looking for a highly motivated PhD candidate (m/w/d).
The project is aiming at to develop our understanding of the physical and biochemical properties of the extracellular matrix (ECM) composition and recreating extracellular matrices with a tailored properties using Langmuir–Blodgett (LB) approach. The goal of the work will be to understand how tailored and active 2D materials interact with stem cells to open new approaches for cell programming and regenerative medicine.
- Master degree or equivalent in biochemistry, biophysics or cell biology with emphasis on membrane proteins, extracellular matrices or similar
- Experience in protein analysis and characterization, including protein structure analysis, physicochemical properties, biological activity, and immunochemical properties. (1D and 2D SDS-PAGE, western blotting, ELISA, rheology, scattering methods, imaging Analysis)
- Experience with cell culture in mammalian cell culture, isolation and characterization (FACS, immunostaining)
- Experience with atomic force microscopy and various optical microscopy procedures preferable
- Experience with histological staining techniques favorable
- Proficient with common Office software (PowerPoint, Excel and Word) GraphPad Prism, Photoshop and EndNote. Additional knowledge in FlowJo and Illustrator is desirable but not required
As a PhD student in our institute, you will enroll in the Helmholtz Graduate School for
The graduate school provides you with the opportunity to attend a broad variety of classes, courses and
workshops according to your personal requirements, and ensures a close and transparent mentoring by experienced scientists. PhD students are supported at presenting their work at national and international conferences. We further offer flexible working hours and an appropriate salary related to the German public tariff (TV-AVH) plus the usual social benefits for the public employment sector.
The promotion of equal rights is a matter of course for us. Severely disabled persons and those equaling severely disabled persons who are equally suitable for the position will be considered preferentially within the framework of legal requirements.
Then we are looking forward to receiving your comprehensive application documents (cover letter, CV, transcripts, certificates etc.) indicating the reference number