Postdoc (m/f/d) Hemocompatibility
|Beginn der Ausschreibung||14.08.2019|
|Ende der Ausschreibung||11.09.2019|
|Institut||Institut für Biomaterialforschung|
Fundamental and translational research at the Institute of Biomaterial Science of the Helmholtz-Zentrum Geesthacht is focused on the development of polymer-based biomaterials and devices for healthcare and robotics.
At current, we are looking to fill the position of a Postdoc (m/f/d) Hemocompatibility - latest by October 1st 2019. This will be initially a temporary assignment for two years.
The place of employment is Teltow (near Berlin, Germany).
- mechanistic investigation of the interaction of blood cells and non-cellular blood components with biomaterials
- planning, execution and supervision of hematocompatibility studies (static, dynamic system) and protein adsorption studies of polymeric biomaterials
- publication of scientific results (publications, patents, conference papers)
- support in the acquisition and processing of projects and collaborations
- supervision of students and doctoral students
- successfully completed university degree in biology, biochemistry, chemistry or a related field with a Ph.D. in the area relevant to the task description
- at least two years of relevant experience with a record of accomplishment of successful research and scientific publications in the above-mentioned research fields
- basic knowledge in the physico-chemical characterization of biomaterials
- familiarity with the design and implementation of complex experimental set-ups
- outstanding organizational skills and a systematic and goal-oriented working style
- fluent English and German
- experienced handling of MS Office software, GraphPad Prism (or equivalents)
- multinational work environment with over 950 colleagues from more than 50 nations
- extensive options of vocational training (i. a. expert seminars, language courses or leadership seminars)
- flexible working hours and various models to ensure the compatibility of family and career
- excellent infrastructure, including a scientific in-house library as well as modern work spaces
- an appropriate salary related to the German public tariff (TV-AVH) plus the usual social benefits for the public employment sector
The promotion of equal rights is a matter of course for us. Severely disabled persons and those equaling severely disabled persons who are equally suitable for the position will be considered preferentially within the framework of legal requirements.
We are looking forward to receiving your comprehensive application documents including your CV, description of your scientific and work expertise, list of publications if existing, and copies of credentials (B.Sc., M.Sc., Ph.D.) including grades indicating the reference number code no. 2019/B 23.